[gmx-users] Fatal Equilibration Errors

Nancy nancy5villa at gmail.com
Sat Aug 8 23:46:30 CEST 2009

Hello,

I have successfully minimised and equilibrated one glycerol molecule in a
box of water (using the ".mdp" files below).

I noticed that during both minimisation and equilibration, solvent molecules
(waters) form many more hydrogen bonds between each other than the solute
(glycerol) forms to the solvent molecules.  Is this normal for such a
system?

Thank you.

Nancy

==========em.mdp==========
constraints         =  none
integrator          =  steep
nsteps              =  10000

emtol               =  10.0
emstep              =  0.01

nstlist             =  2
coulombtype         =  PME
nstcomm             =  2

ns_type             =  grid
;rlist               =  1.0
;rcoulomb            =  1.0
;rvdw                =  1.0
nstxout             =  2

pbc                 =  xyz
pme_order           =  4
==========em.mdp==========

==========nvt.mdp==========
title        = Glycerol NVT equilibration

integrator    = md
nsteps        = 5000
dt        = 0.002

nstxout        = 10