[gmx-users] Re: itp file

Jamie Seyed jamie.seyed at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 20:53:04 CEST 2009

Dear Vitaly and all,
I did copy my top file to a itp file and now for doing a md simulation I
need a box of water and so I was thinking to make a .gro file and use
editconf after that. But I did not know how, so I used the procedure by
Christopher Stiles (I used editconf to make a gro file from pdb and I did
not use my itp according to the procedure....) the gro file doesn't contain
velocities. Now when I run the grompp command, I got this Fatal error:
Group BAL not found in indexfile....
my questions are
1) when I have my itp file and only I need a gro file (with velocities) how
can I make it??
2) with Christopher Stiles method, why I got that fatal error and how I can
solve it to run a correct md simulation??
Many Thanks in advance/Jamie