[gmx-users] water.pdb file

sunny mishra mishra.sunny at gmail.com
Tue Aug 11 00:44:45 CEST 2009

Hi Justin,

That sounds perfect to me. I think using the water.mdp file and
water.top file I can create my own water.gro file including any number
of molecules i guess.

I realized one more thing that I need to create my own protein.ssd
file from do_dssp program I guess,  because in the tutorial I was
given these files already but for my own protein I have to create one.
In the MARTINI tutorial they have provided me the seq2itp.pl script
which can convert my 1K4C.seq file to 1K4C.itp file but for that I
need 1K4C.ssd file. The command is as:

seq2itp.pl 1K4C.seq 1K4C.ssd > 1K4C.itp

I don't know how to create 1K4C.ssd file now because when I try to
create it using do_dssp it asks me to generate the topol.tpr file and
I cannot generate that before simulation. Do you have any idea about
this?

Sunny