[gmx-users] Fwd: xdrfile library, read co-ordinates from .xtc

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Wed Aug 12 00:31:56 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 23:22 +0300, Vitaly V. Chaban wrote:
> On the same topic, I have a question to the community: does anybody
> try to make *so*-library (or *dll* on windows) of xdrfile in order to
> use with other programming languages? I spent a day trying to master
> this art but didn't still succeed. If somebody more experienced with
> dynamic libraries than me can provide such one, I will be very
> grateful.

Yes, I have packaged xdrfile in Fedora as a shared library. (To compile
against it, run
 # yum -y install xdrfile-devel
)

There's no magic to it: you just run
 $ ./configure --disable-static --enable-shared
compile and you end up with the shared library. Of course, you can
compile the static version, too, if you want to.
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50632
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi