[gmx-users] Determining the energy of an individual atom

Darrell Koskinen darrellk at ece.ubc.ca
Thu Aug 13 01:02:11 CEST 2009

Hi Mark,
I do have a paper in my possession that provides a first principles
calculation of the adsorption energy of ammonia on graphene. I was
planning on using this paper to compare the adsorption energy to the
vibrational energy of the individual atoms in the graphene lattice. But
how do I measure the average kinetic energy of a graphene atom in my system?

And I should also let you know that I have removed the ad hoc parameters
and am using ffoplsaa in its pure unmodified form.

Thanks again for your help.

Darrell