[gmx-users] minimization

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Aug 13 12:56:22 CEST 2009

Morteza Khabiri wrote:
> Dear Tsjerk
>
> Thanks for your suggestion...actually It is a crystal structure...the
> problem happen when I want to minimize the structure in vacuum....the box
> size is enough...but the problem is that the minimization is fine with
> gromacs forcefield but it is not ok with OPLSAA forcefiled....

That seems intrinsically improbable, unless the oplsaa .hdb and .tdb
files are not coping with the structure (somehow) and generating a
broken starting configuration and/or topology. What was the final PE and
maximum force from the gromacs forcefield EM? I suggest you look
carefully at the post-pdb2gmx oplsaa structure for steric clashes,
unsatisified valences, etc., and then look at the progress of the
corresponding minimization. You should see evidence of whatever is wrong.

Mark