[gmx-users] Re: solvation

Jamie Seyed jamie.seyed at gmail.com
Thu Aug 13 20:23:14 CEST 2009

Hi Vitaly,
This is after runing genbox:
-----------------------------------
opening library file
/home/seyedyazdij/gromacs-4.0.5/share/top/aminoacids.dat
WARNING: masses will be determined based on residue and atom names,
       this can deviate from the real mass of the atom type
       Opening library file
/home/seyedyazdij/gromacs-4.0.5/share/top/atommass.dat
       Entries in atommass.dat: 178
       WARNING: vdwradii will be determined based on residue and atom names,
              this can deviate from the real mass of the atom type
              Opening library file
/home/seyedyazdij/gromacs-4.0.5/share/top/vdwradii.dat
              Entries in vdwradii.dat: 28
              Opening library file
/home/seyedyazdij/gromacs-4.0.5/share/top/dgsolv.dat
              Entries in dgsolv.dat: 7
              Opening library file
/home/seyedyazdij/gromacs-4.0.5/share/top/electroneg.dat
              Entries in electroneg.dat: 71
              Opening library file
/home/seyedyazdij/gromacs-4.0.5/share/top/elements.dat
              Entries in elements.dat: 218
              Reading solute configuration
              Fullereno in vacuum
              Containing 60 atoms in 1 residues
              Initialising van der waals distances...
              Reading solvent configuration
              "216H2O,WATJP01,SPC216,SPC-MODEL,300K,BOX(M)=1.86206NM,WFVG,MAR.
1984"
              solvent configuration contains 648 atoms in 216 residues

              Initialising van der waals distances...
              Will generate new solvent configuration of 1x1x1 boxes
              Generating configuration
              Sorting configuration
              Found 1 molecule type:
                  SOL (   3 atoms):   216 residues
                  Calculating Overlap...
                  box_margin = 0.315
                  Removed 528 atoms that were outside the box
                  Neighborsearching with a cut-off of 0.45
                  Table routines are used for coulomb: FALSE
                  Table routines are used for vdw:     FALSE
                  Cut-off's:   NS: 0.45   Coulomb: 0.45   LJ: 0.45
                  System total charge: 0.000

                  Program genbox, VERSION 4.0.5
                  Source code file: ns.c, line: 2295

                  Fatal error:
                  One of the box vectors has become shorter than twice the
cut-off length or box_yy-|box_zy| or box_zz has become smaller than the
cut-off.
Thanks in advance/Jamie