[gmx-users] Position Restrain md

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Sun Aug 16 02:39:05 CEST 2009

Jamie Seyed wrote:
> Hi Justin,
> Thanks for your complete answer. Actually I have another question here.
> It is about potential energy after mdrun. From md.log in AVERAGES
> section I have potential=8.81e+04 !!! and it is 9.3e+04 from em.log the
> same order. Can I trust these results or I did something wrong? Is it
> always the same order for different systems? Can you please give me some
> advice about it?? Many Thanks in Advance/ Jamie

I don't know anything about your system, so it's hard to make a generalization.
  Positive values of potential indicate repulsive or unsatisfied interactions.
If you're running your system in solvent, I would think something is wrong;
vacuum might be a different story, but I don't usually do vacuum simulations, so
I don't have any real expertise here.

-Justin

jalemkul[at]vt.edu | (540) 231-9080