[gmx-users] Buckingham Potential

Andrew Paluch apaluch at nd.edu
Mon Aug 17 17:53:07 CEST 2009

To whom this may concern,

I am performing simulations for a system that is modeled with a
Buckingham potential and PME for the electrostatic interactions.  I
have developed my forcefield file such that non-bonded cross terms
are listed in a table, and also 1-4 interactions are listed in a
table with an LJ type of potential.

On 16 processors, I am able to run my system for 0.5ns in a day.  If
I map the potential to an LJ, I am able to achieve 2.5ns in a day.
Does anyone have any idea as to where my performance loss may be
occurring?   Are there any special compilation or run-time flags that
I should be using?

Thank you,

Andrew

Andrew Paluch
Department of Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering
University of Notre Dame du Lac
apaluch at nd.edu