[gmx-users] Re: dssp output of CG structure of 1K4C

sunny mishra mishra.sunny at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 00:09:11 CEST 2009

Hi Johny and Justin,
Thanks for the reply. But another problem here arises regarding the
1K4C_clean.top file. I have to minimize the system in vacuum i.e. without
adding any water molecules in it. After making the .gro file from
1K4C_clean.pdb file with the help of genbox command and when I do the grommp
command it says that your .gro file does not match with the .top file. But I
can get rid of that by adding W molecules. It doesn't make sense to me that
when I am trying to minimize the system in vacuum why do I have to add the
water molecules or add anything else. They should match...do you guys have
any idea? Also, in my .top file I am using the martini.itp file and also
1K4C_clean.itp file which I generated from seq2itp.pl script after getting
the .ssd files.

Sunny