[gmx-users] .top file from .gro file

sunny mishra mishra.sunny at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 02:04:49 CEST 2009

I did the same but again i get the same error..something like this

awk -f atom2cg_v2.1tryout.awk 1K4C.pdb > 1K4C_cg.pdb

(This generated 1K4C_cg.pdb file)

genbox -cp 1K4C_cg.pdb -box 10 10 10 -o 1K4C_cg.gro

(produced 1K4C_cg.gro)

GROningen MAchine for Chemical Simulation

                            :-)  VERSION 4.0.5  (-:

      Written by David van der Spoel, Erik Lindahl, Berk Hess, and others.
       Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
             Copyright (c) 2001-2008, The GROMACS development team,
            check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.

         This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
          modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
         as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
             of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

                                :-)  genbox  (-:

Option     Filename  Type         Description
 -cp    1K4C_cg.pdb  Input, Opt!  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb tpa
 -cs     spc216.gro  Input, Opt., Lib. Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb
tpa
 -ci     insert.gro  Input, Opt.  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb
tpa
  -o    1K4C_cg.gro  Output       Structure file: gro g96
pdb
  -p      topol.top  In/Out, Opt. Topology
file

Option       Type   Value   Description
-[no]h       bool   no      Print help info and quit
-nice        int    19      Set the nicelevel
-box         vector 10 10 10  box size
-nmol        int    0       no of extra molecules to insert
-try         int    10      try inserting -nmol*-try times
-seed        int    1997    random generator seed
-vdwd        real   0.105   default vdwaals distance
-shell       real   0       thickness of optional water layer around solute
-maxsol      int    0       maximum number of solvent molecules to add if
                            they fit in the box. If zero (default) this is
                            ignored
-[no]vel     bool   no      keep velocities from input solute and solvent

Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/aminoacids.dat
WARNING: masses will be determined based on residue and atom names,
         this can deviate from the real mass of the atom type
Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/atommass.dat
Entries in atommass.dat: 178
WARNING: vdwradii will be determined based on residue and atom names,
         this can deviate from the real mass of the atom type
Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/vdwradii.dat
Entries in vdwradii.dat: 28
Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/dgsolv.dat
Entries in dgsolv.dat: 7
Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/electroneg.dat
Entries in electroneg.dat: 71
Opening library file /usr/local/gromacs/share/gromacs/top/elements.dat
Entries in elements.dat: 218
Reading solute configuration
MEMBRANE PROTEIN
Containing 1127 atoms in 534 residues
Initialising van der waals distances...
Writing generated configuration to 1K4C_cg.gro
MEMBRANE PROTEIN

Output configuration contains 1127 atoms in 534 residues
Volume                 :        1000 (nm^3)
Density                :     53.8545 (g/l)
Number of SOL molecules:      0

gcq#69: "I Want to Know Right Now" (Meatloaf)

After that ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;

grompp -f em.mdp -c 1K4C_cg.gro -p 1K4C.top -maxwarn 10

                         :-)  G  R  O  M  A  C  S
(-:

             Gallium Rubidium Oxygen Manganese Argon Carbon Silicon

                            :-)  VERSION 4.0.5  (-:

      Written by David van der Spoel, Erik Lindahl, Berk Hess, and others.
       Copyright (c) 1991-2000, University of Groningen, The Netherlands.
             Copyright (c) 2001-2008, The GROMACS development team,
            check out http://www.gromacs.org for more information.

         This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
          modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License
         as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2
             of the License, or (at your option) any later version.

                                :-)  grompp  (-:

Option     Filename  Type         Description
  -f         em.mdp  Input, Opt!  grompp input file with MD parameters
 -po      mdout.mdp  Output       grompp input file with MD parameters
  -c    1K4C_cg.gro  Input        Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb tpa
  -r       conf.gro  Input, Opt.  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb tpa
 -rb       conf.gro  Input, Opt.  Structure file: gro g96 pdb tpr tpb tpa
  -n      index.ndx  Input, Opt.  Index file
  -p       1K4C.top  Input        Topology file
 -pp  processed.top  Output, Opt. Topology file
  -o      topol.tpr  Output       Run input file: tpr tpb tpa
  -t       traj.trr  Input, Opt.  Full precision trajectory: trr trj cpt
  -e       ener.edr  Input, Opt.  Energy file: edr ene

Option       Type   Value   Description
-[no]h       bool   no      Print help info and quit
-nice        int    0       Set the nicelevel
-[no]v       bool   yes     Be loud and noisy
-time        real   -1      Take frame at or first after this time.
-[no]rmvsbds bool   yes     Remove constant bonded interactions with virtual
                            sites
-maxwarn     int    10      Number of allowed warnings during input
processing
-[no]zero    bool   no      Set parameters for bonded interactions
without
                            defaults to zero instead of generating an
error
-[no]renum   bool   yes     Renumber atomtypes and minimize number
of

atomtypes

Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'title'
Ignoring obsolete mdp entry 'cpp'
Replacing old mdp entry 'unconstrained_start' by 'continuation'

Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.9#
checking input for internal consistency...

NOTE 1 [file em.mdp, line unknown]:
  For energy conservation with switch/shift potentials, rlist should be 0.1
  to 0.3 nm larger than rcoulomb.

NOTE 2 [file em.mdp, line unknown]:
  For energy conservation with switch/shift potentials, rlist should be 0.1
  to 0.3 nm larger than rvdw.

processing topology...
Generated 0 of the 465 non-bonded parameter combinations
Excluding 1 bonded neighbours molecule type 'Protein'

NOTE 3 [file 1K4C.top, line 15]:
  System has non-zero total charge: 4.000000e+00

processing coordinates...

Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: grompp.c, line: 362

Fatal error:
number of coordinates in coordinate file (1K4C_cg.gro, 1127)
             does not match topology (1K4C.top, 1166)