[gmx-users] Re: Help me about GROMACS

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Fri Aug 21 15:52:09 CEST 2009

Hi,

With regards to the question about my tutorial, you have not taken care to
update your topology through the steps of preparing the system.  Using the -p
flag with genbox and genion will make these changes for you, as is instructed in
the tutorial.

With regards to your other question, please keep all Gromacs-related
correspondence unrelated to my tutorial or personal research on the Gromacs
users list (gmx-users at gromacs.org).  There are numerous tools available for
creating PDB files, many of them free (PRODRG server, xLeap from AmberTools, etc).

-Justin

abhijit kayal wrote:
> Hi,
>
>       I am Abhijit,student  in M.Sc Chemistry at Indian Institute of
> Technelogy ,Delhi(IITD).
>
> I was following your tutorial and the following error occur.
>

> Fatal error:
>
> number of coordinates in coordinate file (1AKI_solv_ion.gro, 38409)
>
>              does not match topology (topol.top, 38393)
>
>                          Could you suggest a solution for this.Another
> thing is that Iam going to analyse the normal mode of n-butane. So how
> can I create a PDB file for n- butane.
>

> Thank you.

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate