[gmx-users] [Fwd: Please solve my problem]

David van der Spoel spoel at xray.bmc.uu.se
Sat Aug 22 10:06:02 CEST 2009

To,
       David van der Spoel

Dear Sir,

I am using Gromacs 3.2.1 for the MD simulation on clusters but facing a
problem.
I am giving job for 500000 steps step size 0.002ps (total 1ns) but my
job is stopped after 470000 steps. when i run this on 4 processors.

But the same job is completed on 2 processors.Why this happing i am not
able to understand.

Another thing is that job for 1500000 steps step size 0.002ps (total
3ns) is stopped after 375000 steps on 2 processors
and after 587000 steps on 4 processors, without any error message.

What could be the problem and how to solve it, please help me.

even i tried the 2 same jobs for 1000000 steps step size 0.002ps (total
2ns), one on single processor it is completed in 8 days
but the same job is stop after 550000 steps on 4 processors.

Is there any change is required in MPI coding or in .mdp files. Sir if
you need any other please let me know.

Please solve my problem, I will be highly obliged.

DvdS:

Please upgrade to a recent version. 3.2.1 is more than five years old.

With warm regards.
Shikhar

Shikhar Gupta
Senior Research Fellow
Pharmacoinformatics Department
Block- A (Room No.- 208)
National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education & Research( NIPER )
Sec- 67, S.A.S Nagar
Mohali, Punjab (India)
Web-Site: www.niper.ac.in <http://www.niper.ac.in>
PIN- 160062