[gmx-users] Re: Mdrun error

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Tue Aug 25 23:54:25 CEST 2009

Cíntia C. Vequi-Suplicy wrote:
> Hello Justin,
>
> I used Gromacs 4.0.5 and the error was gone. Thank you.
>
> But now I have another problem when using mdrun_d. I gave the comand:
>
> mdrun_d -s dppc.tpr -o dppc128.trr -c dppc128.gro -g dppc.log  &
>
> And first I got  a lot of output on the shell window and I think it is
> strange. This output should be on a file or not?
> And  after a few seconds I got an error which says:
>
> t = 0.052 ps: Water molecule starting at atom 17276 can not be settled.
> Check for bad contacts and/or reduce the timestep.
>
> Back Off! I just backed up step26b.pdb to ./#step26b.pdb.2#
>
> Back Off! I just backed up step26c.pdb to ./#step26c.pdb.2#
> Wrote pdb files with previous and current coordinates
> MPI process rank 0 (n0, p23764) caught a SIGSEGV.
>
> Can you help me?

Your system is unstable and thus blowing up, due to any number of factors
including incorrect force field parameters, inappropriate .mdp settings,
insufficient minimization and/or equilibration, or any combination of the above.

Advice from the wiki:

http://oldwiki.gromacs.org/index.php/blowing_up

-Justin

Justin A. Lemkul