[gmx-users] LINCS

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Wed Aug 26 20:47:34 CEST 2009

teklebrh at ualberta.ca wrote:
> Hi Justin,
>
> I tried to run full MD after energy minimization in both vacuo and
> water... went good but I got this ERROR once I try to run full MD.
>
> Can you please help.....

There is something physically unrealistic about your model.  That's the case
whenever you see a LINCS warning.  Without a more complete description of what
you've done (minimization and equilibration protocol, initial construction of
the model, etc) and the details of your simulation parameters, there's nothing
more anyone can really say beyond a guess.

It appears that the wiki is down at the moment, but these pages have useful
information (when the site comes back up):

http://oldwiki.gromacs.org/index.php/blowing_up
http://oldwiki.gromacs.org/index.php/Errors

And since LINCS errors have been posted thousands of times to the list, the
archive should have some useful advice as well, so search here:

http://oldwww.gromacs.org/swish-e/search/search2.php

Justin A. Lemkul
Ph.D. Candidate
ICTAS Doctoral Scholar