[gmx-users] Re: g_energy and g_analyze give different averages

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 28 14:59:54 CEST 2009

I don't understand what you want exactly.
Your g_energy command does exponential averaging, that happens
on the printed data points. So there g_analyze or any program will do fine.
For the original data g_energy gives the exact standard deviation
over all MD steps, called RMSD.

But do you really want the standard deviation, or do you want
a standard error estimate?

Berk