[gmx-users] RE: Re: g_energy and g_analyze give different averages

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 29 10:35:05 CEST 2009

Hi,

No, that assumes that all points are independent.
Which they might be, but they are usually not.

It is still not clear to me if you want the error of the exponential
difference of the error of the direct energies.

g_analyze -ee will give you an error estimate, but only based
on the printed points.

The simplest way is always to divide your set in 4 consecutive parts,
determine the averages with g_energy -b -e
and determine the error estimate through the method in Justin's link.

Berk