[gmx-users] Last step before CG em.mdp

Francesco Pietra francesco.pietra at accademialucchese.it
Tue Dec 1 19:04:07 CET 2009

Is anything recent to account for (and eliminate) clashes - if any -
resulting from solvating a system of protein partly immersed into a
canonical DPPC bilayer? That is, the solvation water  faces three
different environments: the extracellular portion of the protein, the
two water layers of DPPC, and the DPPC molecules themselves.

I was comfortable to this regard (in all-atoms) with Chimera followed
by Amber minimization. I have to re-educate myself with
gromacs-martini. With cg Chimera has so many limitations.

I assume (for cg) that the box should first be defined with editconf
and then solvation (-cs water.gro) carried out with genbox.

thanks
francesco