[gmx-users] For FFamber, should FudgeLJ variable in ffamber.itp be 0.0?

TJ Piggot t.piggot at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Dec 2 17:59:09 CET 2009

As per my previous post if you read this section more carefully you will
see   that it mentions the use of RB dihedrals in combination with 1-4
interactions (and tells you not to modify topologies produced by pdb2gmx
for these cases!). You only need to exclude 1-4 interactions when using
RB's to simulate alkanes.

With regards to the scalings of the 1-4 VdW's, the fudge factor of 0.5 is
correct, as is the factor of 1/1.2 for the electrostatics (since the
AMBER-94 forcefield), and they should not be changed.

Hope this clarifies some points for you

Tom

--On Wednesday, December 02, 2009 10:49:16 +0800 XunJie Yang