SV: SV: SV: [gmx-users] g_saltbr

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 19:29:29 CET 2009

Hi,

Of course the real answer is in the code...

  if (bSep) {
    snew(buf,256);
    for(i=0; (i<ncg); i++)
      for(j=i+1; (j<ncg); j++) {
        if (nWithin[i][j]) {
          sprintf(buf,"sb-%s:%s.xvg",cg[i].label,cg[j].label);
          fp=xvgropen(buf,buf,"Time (ps)","Distance (nm)");

So, a file is opened for each combination of charge(d) groups for
which the distance is lower than the cut-off, at least once in the
trajectory. The label is a property of the charge group, and is set
somewhere before:

      sprintf(buf,"%s%d",*(atoms->resname[resnr]),resnr+1);
      cg[ncg].label=strdup(buf);

Althogether, this just means that you have multiple charge(d) groups
per residue, which are assigned the same label. Let's see, a phosphate
and a choline, two residues, 2*2=4 possible salt bridges between them.
Seems to add up, doesn't it? Probably should be considered a bug
though. Better file it...

Cheers,

Tsjerk