[gmx-users] How to plot Pressure (bar) vs simulation time in ps

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Thu Dec 3 01:22:51 CET 2009

Justin A. Lemkul wrote:

> Lum Nforbi wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I need to plot a graph of pressure (bar) vs run time (ps) but I am
>> havin problems with this because the graph's y-axis diplays energy
>> (KJmol^-1) instead of pressure. How can I correct this energy on the
>> y-axiz of my plot to pressure (bar)?
>
> Pressure is in bar (hence the average value also printed by g_energy).
> The problem with is that g_energy prints all its output in kJ/mol.

Strictly, the problem is that .xvg files written by (at least) g_energy
assume the dimensions of the ordinate are energy, even if there's only
one plot and that assumption isn't true. If it bothers you, then you can
open the text file and correct it by hand (note the gibberish markup in
kJ/mol that creates superscripts etc.), or write a script to automate
that with sed.

Mark