[gmx-users] Exclusions in topology file seem not working for big systems

Reza Salari resal81 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 4 18:16:02 CET 2009

Thanks for your response.

I see that what I want to do is a little bit unusual. It is part of a bigger picture that also include implicit water calculations and the main goal is to look into the effects of water models on the results, not necessarily trying to reproduce the experimental results. I have gotten some encouraging results for smaller systems and now I want to try some bigger ones.

The good news is that I've found a workaround for calculating desolvation energy which seems easier and cleaner than using exclusions (it involves using dV/dlambda calculations directly), so it seems that I don't need to use exclusions anymore.

Regards,
Reza Salari