[gmx-users] g_mindist after trjconv -fit give different results

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 21:07:40 CET 2009

Hi Elad,

This has been mentioned several times before, in a different context.
But fitting only affects coordinates, and not the PBC. So after
fitting the coordinates and the PBC don't match any more and any
analysis requiring PBC, such as calculating minimal distances, will
give garbled results. Always do such things on untransformed
trajectories.

Cheers,

Tsjerk