[gmx-users] Fatal error: 1 particles communicated to PME node 1 are more than a cell length out of the do main decomposition cell of their charge group

Nilesh Dhumal ndhumal at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Dec 7 00:27:42 CET 2009

 Hello,

 I am trying to a run a simulation for dioxin and ionic liquid system
(BMI-DCN) in Gromacs 4.0.5 version.  The  minimization and equilibration
(I heat the system at 700, 600, 500 (200 ps, NVT).  I run 1 ns for NVT
and 4 ns for NPT) went OK. I am trying to run dynamics for 20 ns but
after 3.5 ns I am getting following error.
Fatal error: 1 particles communicated to PME node 1 are more than a cell
length out of the do main decomposition cell of their charge group

Here I have pasted my md.mdp file

Nilesh

title               =  cpeptide MD
cpp                 =  /usr/bin/cpp
constraints         =  none
integrator          =  md
dt                  =  0.001    ; ps !
nsteps              =  20000000     ; total 5 ps.
nstcomm             =  1
nstxout             =  50
nstvout             =  0
nstfout             =  0