[gmx-users] minimum residue distances

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Mon Dec 7 12:08:12 CET 2009

Hi Carla,

Please be specific with your questions, regardless of your level of
expertise and field. Are you after a program to calculate minimal
distances, which would be a Gromacs specific question? In that case
have a look at g_mdmat, g_mindist, g_dist. Also be sure to get current
on the use of make_ndx to generate index groups for specific
calculations.
There is not a formula for calculating the minimal distance between
residues. There are algorithms, but are you really interested in
those? As for the distance itself, the square root of the sum of
squares of the differences is not specific to molecular dynamics.

Cheers,

Tsjerk