[gmx-users] Two Types of van de Waals interactions in one system

Zhe Wu zephyrwuz at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 21:25:51 CET 2009

Dear David,

Thank you so much for your reply! I did try to use nstlist = -1 and I
still cannot solve the energy drifting problem. And you can see my
problem in more detail from the following link:
http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2009-December/047299.html

And you mentioned I should use shifted VDW. But in the way I use
tabulated potential, the option in vdwtype should be User so that I
can indicate I am using a lookup table for the tabulated potential.
(In my test case, I used the table provide by GMX 4.0.5
/share/gromacs/top/table6-12.xvg directly, and just changed its name
to be table.xvg.) So it seems to me there is no explicit way I can use
shift function. Or should I shift the function by changing the
potential in the table?

Thanks again for your help.

Zhe