[gmx-users] RDF plot. This is weird!

Lum Nforbi lumngwegia at gmail.com
Wed Dec 9 20:59:15 CET 2009

Dear all,

 I have attached a RDF plot of 2000 molecules of water (SOL is the system
name). It does not follow the normal trend. I used the command line below to
get this plot:
g_rdf -f wfullmdrun_traj.xtc -s wfullmdrun_extend3.tpr -o wfullmdrun_rdf.xvg
The run took about 1h 45 min to be complete.
The plot does not follow the normal trend I see for rdf plot ie first peak
higher than the second, so I know something is wrong but I don't know what.
Can someone take a look at my graph and tell me what is wrong with my system
or with my computation?

Thank you,

Lum