[gmx-users] Denaturation of Proteins by MARTINI Coarse-Graining Forse Field

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Wed Dec 16 12:26:45 CET 2009

Is this a real gromacs-user question?

Have your tried to contact the MArtini developers?

As a matter of fact some of them have prepared a new MARTINI
web-site where a discussion forum will be on.

To answer your question: using MARTINI for the unfolding
mechanism of proteins would be very challenging to put it nice.
It is not "AT ALL" made for that!

The use of Go-model has be tested (for other purposes) and
it would be at least as "bad" as using an all atom FF. No need
to use a CG model with Go-models, atomistic are fast enough.
Well that is my current opinion.