[gmx-users] pdb2gmx -merge non interactive

Wojtyczka, André a.wojtyczka at fz-juelich.de
Fri Dec 18 18:27:27 CET 2009

Hmm...

"although it is necessary to run
it through on the command line once to see what the order of arguments
should be"

...exactly is the main problem as I don't know all the time how many chains
are in the files I'm processing.
Pdb2gmx asks for every chain included in your files.

Though I can assume 8 chains in 99% of the files, I wanted to know if there
may be a switch included in pdb2gmx like -ff.

Maybe I prescan my files to get the amount of chains and then pass that
value to my pdb2gmx script.

Anyway, thanks for your answer, I appreciate it!

< What exactly did you try? Something like this?
<
< pdb2gmx -f a.gro << EOF
< 5
< y
< EOF
<
< I have not done -merge myself, but I often pass in multiple
< 'command-line' arguments in a scripts, although it is necessary to run
< it through on the command line once to see what the order of arguments
< should be. I could be the one whose wrong as I have never done -merge,
< but then again I have never had a problem automating any of the
< gromacs tools and I don't see why this one should be any different.
<
<