[gmx-users] Re: Help with Gromacs

Tsjerk Wassenaar tsjerkw at gmail.com
Wed Dec 23 22:39:41 CET 2009

Hi Pavan,

Please, I'm not a user list. This is in no way attached to the
tutorials of mine.

But your problem arises because you're mixing things up. You're using
a new run input (.tpr) file, and a checkpoint (.cpt) file. Either you
continue runs using checkpoint files (preferred) or you generate a new
.tpr file and use that, leaving the checkpoint file. This could for
instance be done because you want to change the output frequency for
some block.
The .part***. addition is added because you don't give the option
-append, that would otherwise cause the subsequent trajectory/energy
stuff be appended to already existing files. Without that option,
gromacs adds a part identifier to avoid overwriting existing files.

Cheers,

Tsjerk

--
Tsjerk A. Wassenaar, Ph.D.