[gmx-users] Fatal Error: Segmentation Fault

Nancy nancy5villa at gmail.com
Sun Dec 27 00:35:11 CET 2009

Hello,

I am trying to determine the precise energies of a particular protein
docking configuration.  I have used the docking program FlexX to determine a
potential binding mode.  However, I am also trying to use AutoDock, and I am
having a problem running AutoDockTools (ADT).  Although the problem is not
directly related to GROMACS, I was unable to get any help from the AutoDock
mailing list.

I have AutoDockTools (version 1.5.6) installed on my computer (Red Hat
Enterprise Linux) but it does not run; version 1.4.3 of ADT seems to work,
but versions 1.4.4 onward do not work, and output the following error
message:

$ ./adt
setting PYTHONHOME environment
Run ADT from  /home/user/MGLTools-1.5.6/MGLToolsPckgs/AutoDockTools
Resource file used to customize PMV: /home/user/.mgltools/1.5.6/Pmv/_pmvrc
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x4b
could not import _glextlib
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
$

I tried to build ADT from source, but it still did not work.  What does the
"Segmentation Fault" mean?

Please help on how to resolve this problem.

Thanks,

Nancy