[gmx-users] fix a group in truncated octahedron

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Sun Dec 27 18:14:22 CET 2009

Hi Wende, please do not double post. If you are unsure if your post
got through, you can easily see the list at
http://lists.gromacs.org/pipermail/gmx-users/2009-December/date.html.

You did not put units beside 40, so I suppose that you mean 40 A,
whereas gromacs uses nm.

1. Make a box with one sodium ion and then editconf -c -d 4 -bt
dodecahedron. This will give you your box, then you can put your
lattice inside it. With properly selected atom in an index file, you
could easily do this in one step based on the commands above (plus the
index group with a single central atom).

2. This is clearly laid out in the manual under energygrp_excl. You
should familiarize yourself with the online .mdp file options at
http://manual.gromacs.org/current/online/mdp_opt.html which will help
you find such things.

Chris.