[gmx-users] tpr older version message

Jack Shultz js at drugdiscoveryathome.com
Mon Dec 28 02:16:35 CET 2009

Hi Marc,

I figured it out. I tried upir suggestion and tested the gmxcheck but
got the following errors

gmxcheck.exe -s1 topol.tpr

Please give me TWO run input (.tpr/.tpa/.tpb) files
or specify the -m flag to generate a methods.tex file

gmxcheck.exe -s1 topol.tpr -m

Program gmxcheck, VERSION 4.0.5
Source code file: tpxio.c, line: 1643

Fatal error:
Can not read file topol.tpr,
             this file is from a Gromacs version which is older than 2.0
             Make a new one with grompp or use a gro or pdb file, if possible

gcq#332: Thanx for Using GROMACS - Have a Nice Day

But then decided I need to run the grompp on my clients along with the
pre-processing libraries generated by acpypi. Then tested the mdrun on
the .tpr this generated. Then it was missing the aminoacids.dat I
downloaded it and everything seems to work. I will now make some
additional steps on this workflow so this should now work!

Thanks again for your help I very much appreciate it.

Jack

http://drugdiscoveryathome.com
http://hydrogenathome.org