[gmx-users] gromacs 4.06 binary for linux -redhat

Justin A. Lemkul jalemkul at vt.edu
Thu Dec 31 04:54:42 CET 2009

venkat wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am new to GROMACS, like to use it. I would be appreciate if anyone can direct me to the right place where I could
> get the linux binary either x32/x64 - redhat.

Binaries for newer versions probably haven't been made yet.  Your subject line
points to version 4.0.6, which was a broken release anyway, and was replaced by
version 4.0.7.

> I could not compile the source cause it is looking for FFTW etc.,.

Then you should follow the step-by-step installation instructions.  FFT
libraries are a prerequisite for Gromacs.  Please see the following:

http://www.gromacs.org/index.php?title=Download_%26_Installation/Installation_Instructions

-Justin

> thanks
> venkat