[gmx-users] pdb file for ammonia

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Thu Dec 31 22:42:52 CET 2009

Hi Nisha,

Hetero-Atom Navi is a collection of heteroatoms culled from the PDB.
http://hetpdbnavi.nagahama-i-bio.ac.jp/index.php?mode=0

However, having only one heavy-atom, ammonia is unlikely to be
usefully extracted from this resource for use in atomistic MD.

You can easily make it yourself by taking some protein, running it
through pdb2gmx -ignh -ter and taking the NH3 terminal group
coordinates as your ammonia coordinates.

This all assumes that you have some topology for ammonia, else the
structure will do you little good.

Chris.