[gmx-users] energy groups

Liu Shiyong liushiyong at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 03:04:39 CET 2009

Hi, Mark,

I tried your suggestion.

+ pdb2gmx -ignh -ff G53a6 -f b.pdb -p a6.top -i a6.posre.itp -o a6.pdb
+ editconf -f a6.pdb -o a6.gro -d 20.0
+ make_ndx -f a6.pdb -o a6.ndx
+ grompp -maxwarn 10 -f em.mdp -c a6.gro -n a6.ndx -p a6.top -o a6.input.tpr

title               =  b
cpp                 =  /usr/bin/cpp
integrator          =  cg
dt                  =  0.002    ; ps !
nsteps              =  1
rlist               =  0.55
nstlist             =  0
vdwtype             =  Cut-off
rvdw                =  0.6
coulombtype         =  Cut-off
epsilon_r           =  2
rcoulomb            =  0.6
energy_grps         =  chAANDB_&_!H* chC_&_!H*
;
;       Energy minimizing stuff
;
emtol               =  100.0
emstep              =  0.01

I got the same error.

Program grompp, VERSION 4.0.2
Source code file: grompp.c, line: 150

Fatal error:
atoms 1 and 2 in charge group 1 of molecule type 'Protein_A' are in
different energy groups

"It's Against the Rules" (Pulp Fiction)