[gmx-users] Fatal error: Could only find a forcefield type for 106 out of 270 atoms

darrellk at ece.ubc.ca darrellk at ece.ubc.ca
Wed Feb 4 07:12:17 CET 2009

Could you please let me know why GROMACS is able to find forcefields for
only 106 of the 270 atoms. My .gro file is a model of a graphene
structure with 211 equally spaced carbon atoms with the remaining
hydrogen atoms also equally spaced from the carbon atoms to which they
are bonded. Here is a sample output:

Can not find forcefield for atom C-208 with 3 bonds
Can not find forcefield for atom C-209 with 3 bonds
Can not find forcefield for atom C-210 with 3 bonds
Can not find forcefield for atom C-211 with 3 bonds

Program x2top, VERSION 3.3.3
Source code file: x2top.c, line: 206

Fatal error:
Could only find a forcefield type for 106 out of 270 atoms

Darrell Koskinen
MASc Candidate
University of British Columbia