[gmx-users] is the tip4p MW velocity treated differently in gromacs 3 vs 4

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 4 18:49:08 CET 2009

Thanks Berk. I am only interested in these velocities because I am
trying to figure out why I am getting some differing results recently
(which I will post later).

I don't really care about the velocities output in the .gro this way,
my interest was only based on the fact that I thought this might give
me a clue as to what was going on. Since you point out that these
massless velocities do not enter the dynamics then I guess something
different is going on.

One clean and easy solution would be to simply never output velocities
for a zero step mdrun .gro file in cases where they can not be
determined accurately, and just put a note to that effect in the .log
file.

Thanks for looking into this,
Chris.