[gmx-users] Poor parallel performance in Ubuntu 8.04

Jussi Lehtola jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi
Wed Feb 4 20:16:24 CET 2009

On Wed, 2009-02-04 at 15:59 -0200, Alexandre Suman de Araujo wrote:
> I think the problem is due to the use of the generic Ubuntu standard kernel.
> Maybe if I recompile the kernel I can get a better performance system. However,
> this is just a guess, and I would like to know if anyone already had this
> problem and solved it.

That's highly unlikely: it would be a severe performance bug, which
would have been picked up by the kernel packager.

How did you configure the parallel version? What MPI environment did you
use?
Jussi Lehtola, FM, Tohtorikoulutettava
Fysiikan laitos, Helsingin Yliopisto
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi, p. 191 50632
Mr. Jussi Lehtola, M. Sc., Doctoral Student
Department of Physics, University of Helsinki, Finland
jussi.lehtola at helsinki.fi