[gmx-users] Continuous polymer chain?

Joshua Ballanco jballanc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 17:54:04 CET 2009

Hello all,

Apologies if this is obvious, but I've been reading through the manual
and various Google searches and come up empty-handed. My question is
if it is possible to construct an infinite polymer chain in Gromacs?
That is, I'd like to setup a cell with PBC, but have one end of my
molecule bound to its replica across the boundary. As far as I can
tell, adding extra bond records to the topology always turns my
polymer into a loop in one cell.

Thank you for any advice.

Sincerely,

Joshua Ballanco
Graduate Student
Department of Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Stevens Institute of Technology
Hoboken, NJ 07030