[gmx-users] How to get log written to file ...

Dallas B. Warren Dallas.Warren at pharm.monash.edu.au
Mon Feb 9 04:25:13 CET 2009

Mark,

>How the operating system manages the buffering is something you'd
>usually have to talk to the OS about.

"The operating system is based on SUSE SLES9 linux with an enhanced Linux 2.6 kernel and SGI ProPack4."

Trawling around now to see if there is a way to force the file outputs to be written.  Found mention that some commands can force the cache to be flushed and everything from them written (sync), but not appropriate for this case.  Haven't found anything yet that can force any subsequent commands / output to be written directly to the files, rather than cache.

>Well, it's hanging after starting successfully, but we can't really
>guess why without some more information on the hardware, compilation
>method and simulation details.

Yeah, have to wait until hear back from the people at the SC and get more details off them, as they did all the compilation etc.  Just thought I would mention it, though probably shouldn't have as was insufficient info.

Catch ya,

Dr Dallas Warren
Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences
Monash University

A polar bear is a Cartesian bear that has undergone a polar transformation