[gmx-users] grompp error

Q. Y. HUAN scottiehuan at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 10 05:53:03 CET 2009

Dear Justion,

I pack the molecules of A, B, .......H together using Packmol (named as md.pdb)
then i proceed to pdb2gmx (opls-aa) and editconf.
in genbox, I planned to insert another 92 molecules ( T80 ) into the system by edit the .top file.

You can notice that i added "" #include "T80.itp" in the top file.
and I ran genbox by this command
 genbox -cp md.gro -cs -ci T80.pdb -nmol 92 -o md.gro -p md.top

the T80 and water were successfully added but the error appeared in the grompp step.

So, what is the problem of the system?

Justin, thanks for your suggestions

here is the .top file:

Include forcefield parameters
#include "ffoplsaa.itp"

; Include chain topologies
#include "md_A.itp"
#include "md_B.itp"
#include "md_C.itp"
#include "md_D.itp"
#include "md_E.itp"
#include "md_F.itp"
#include "md_G.itp"
#include "md_H.itp"

; Include water topology
#include "spc.itp"
#include "T80.itp"

#ifdef POSRES_WATER
; Position restraint for each water oxygen
[ position_restraints ]
;  i funct       fcx        fcy        fcz
   1    1       1000       1000       1000
#endif

; Include generic topology for ions
#include "ions.itp"