[gmx-users] Problem with continuation of files using checkpoint files

Berk Hess gmx3 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 12 12:38:08 CET 2009

Hi,

This means that your checkpoint file was generated with a single processor simulation,
while you are now running a two processor simulation.
This is no problem at all.
For the 4.0.4 release I changed:
"Continuation still works,"
"Continuation is exact,"

Note that you don't need -f and -e with tpbconv when using checkpoint.
Also you do not need tpbconv at all when you make nsteps large enough and use mdrun -maxh

Note that there is a bug in 4.0 - 4.0.3 where the initial box size is stored in the checkpoint
file with running in serial. Therefore checkpointing will give artifacts for serial NPT simulations.
NVT and parallel NPT simulations are fine.

I hope that 4.0.4, which fixes this, will be out soon.

Berk