[gmx-users] Possible to stop mdrun changing file names when using checkpoint files?

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Tue Feb 17 06:15:08 CET 2009

One option is to avoid checkpoint files all together. I personally use
a grompp/mdrun cycle of ~2h segments that was historically done in
order to utilize the -sort -shuffle options to gromacs 3. I found it
simpler to keep on doing the exact same thing in gromacs 4, even
though I no longer -sort or -shuffle. It appears to be working fine
for me. I suspect that you could do the same type of thing via tpbconv.

Chris.