[gmx-users] Re:Re: g_spatial and vmd volume slice

XAvier Periole x.periole at rug.nl
Tue Feb 17 09:58:51 CET 2009

>  1. My solute molecule is planar molecule. When I load my *.cube
> file to VMD, the solute molecule is not perpendicular to any axis.
your question is not clear! You may reorient your solute prior giving
it to VMD.
Some gmx tools allow to do this. you could fit to a reference
structure that is it self
oriented along an axis of your choice.

>  2. How to set color labels in the volumeslice to show the color
> scale coorresponding to the bulk concentration.
I have played with this recently and could not find the way to set or
change the colors on the volume
slice. I am not sure this is possible. Moreover I found that the
colors, although clearly showing the
expected pattern for the data plotted, it was also having strange
behavior: it was giving a color to
certain regions that was not representative of the values.