[gmx-users] NVT or NPT ?

chris.neale at utoronto.ca chris.neale at utoronto.ca
Wed Feb 18 05:21:28 CET 2009

short answer: volume equilibration and therefore density
equilibration. Even people who do constant volume production
simulations usually do an initial constant pressure simulation to get
the density correct.

better answer: find a good simulation textbook and give it a read.
Allen and Tildesely was good for me. There are newer books, but mostly
I find them more difficult.

Chris.