[gmx-users] grompp error- Excluding 3 bonded neighbours-Fatal error

Dean Cuebas deancuebas at missouristate.edu
Wed Feb 18 08:53:45 CET 2009

Dear users,
I¹ve been trying to reproduce the GROMACS tutorial for Drug _ Enzyme Complex

I¹ve tried to get grompp to work, but I keep getting the following message:

>> creating statusfile for 1 node...
>>
>> Back Off! I just backed up mdout.mdp to ./#mdout.mdp.1#
>> checking input for internal consistency...
>> calling /usr/bin/cpp...
>> processing topology...
>> Generated 165 of the 1596 non-bonded parameter combinations
>> Excluding 3 bonded neighbours for Protein             1
>> Excluding 3 bonded neighbours for IN4                 1
>> Excluding 2 bonded neighbours for SOL              8756
>> NOTE:
>>   System has non-zero total charge: 7.999998e+00
>>
>> processing coordinates...

>> Program grompp, VERSION 3.3.2
>> Source code file: grompp.c, line: 448
>>
>> Fatal error:
>> number of coordinates in coordinate file (trp_b4ion.pdb, 28394)
>>              does not match topology (trp.top, 28402)

It appears because grompp is ³excluding² the bonded neighbors is what¹s
making me end up with the different number of coordinates in my coordinate
and topology files.
Could anyone please make a suggestion how to fix this fatal error?

Below is my .mdp file that is right out of the tutorial.

Thanks so very much... I'm almost there!!!!!!!!

Dean
--
Dr. Dean Cuebas, Associate Prof of Chemistry
deancuebas at missouristate.edu, Ph 417-836-8567 FAX 417-836-5507

;
;    mdp input file
;    generated by GUIMACS