[gmx-users] combination rules -- the part aboutthe combinationrules

Shuangxing Dai shuangxingdai at gmail.com
Sun Feb 22 22:55:21 CET 2009

Thank you.  I have referred to the manual and changed these parts as the
manual told me:
in ffgmx.itp:
[ defaults ]
; nbfunc        comb-rule       gen-pairs       fudgeLJ fudgeQQ
  2             1               no              1.0     1.0

in ffgmxnb.itp:
[ nonbond_params ]
 ;  i    j func           a             b       c6
    O    O    2    92137.86   45.62876437     3090
   ZN    O    2    51108.27   27.92516056        0
   ZN   ZN    2           0           0.1        0
But there is no change in the generated .top file.
When I use grompp, the errors are :
ERROR 1 [file ffgmxnb.itp, line 68]:
  Trying to add LJ (SR) while the default nonbond type is Buck.ham (SR)
Maybe somewhere else need to be changed. Anyone knows why and how?
Thank you in advance.