[gmx-users] install Gromacs 4.0.4 on Linux Fedora 8

oguz gurbulak gurbulakoguz at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 27 16:04:21 CET 2009

Dear All,

I'm trying to install Gromacs 4.0.4 on Linux Fedora 8 .  But  I got this  error  in therminal:

[root at fencevrepc-84-23 gromacs-4.0.4]# ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/gromacs-4.0.4  --disable-float --program-suffix=""

checking for gawk... gawk

checking how to create a ustar tar archive... gnutar

checking for cc... cc

checking for C compiler default output file name...

See `config.log' for more details.

What should I do to pass this error ? Could you please help me to
install Gromacs successfully to my pc ? And Is there a complete source
about installing Gromacs to Linux Fedora ?

Thank you very much for your attention.

Sincerely