[gmx-users] vanishing trr file

Mark Abraham Mark.Abraham at anu.edu.au
Sat Feb 28 11:58:19 CET 2009

Homa Azizian wrote:
> Hi
> I have done gromacs simulating annealing but my trr file vanish. is there
> any ways to solve it. my job are now running but i can not see where it is
> saved.

The file was created when GROMACS started. The output is buffered, so it
won't be "up-to-date" with the simulation, but you should at least see
the file with zero size.

If you've deleted it yourself, then there's nothing that can be done.

Otherwise, without a great deal more information about how you ran the
calculation and the cluster(?) environment where you're running, we
can't tell what has gone wrong.